Friday, April 1, 2011

Choco-Vanilla Ice Cream Sammies

So I started with a batch of chocolate wafers and ended up with a stack of ice cream sandwiches--Choco-Vanilla Ice Cream Sammies, to be precise!

One afternoon, I was bored and looking for something I could bake with the ingredients I had right around me. Thank goodness for this lovely little recipe from Joy of Baking! As I sliced through the dough and began placing these petite, albeit plain, chocolate cookies on baking sheets, I wondered how I could jazz things up a bit. Then I remembered there was vanilla ice cream in the freezer and rainbow sprinkles on the shelf--perfect!

After the cookies were cooled (and after taste-tasting a few samples), I halved the batch and used a small ice cream scoop to add 1 1/2 scoops of ice cream on top of one half of the wafers. I then sandwiched the ice cream between another wafer and gently pressed down so everything would stick together. I left some of the ice cream sammies as is, but decided to shake some sprinkles onto a few of them for that extra dose of fun. All in all, they were a great treat and one that I hope will reappear in the summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment